Do you have a passion or expertise that you want to share with your readers? Do you want to provide them with valuable and in-depth content that keeps them coming back for more? If so, you might want to consider creating a blog post series.
A blog post series is a set of related posts that cover different aspects of a topic. It allows you to go deeper into your subject matter, showcase your authority, and build a loyal following. It also helps you to create more content for your blog, optimise your SEO, and increase your traffic.
But how do you create a blog post series that your audience will love? In this guide, we will show you the steps you need to follow to plan, write, and promote your blog post series. Let’s get started!
- Strategic Topic Selection: Choose a topic aligned with your expertise and audience’s interests, ensuring that your passion shines through in your content.
- Structured Series Planning: Map out your series by listing subtopics and determining how each post will lead into the next. Utilise links to create a seamless and interconnected reading experience.
- Consistent Posting Schedule: Establish a regular timeframe for releasing each instalment of your series. Consistency is crucial to building anticipation and retaining audience interest.
- Efficient Writing Process: Write your series close together to maintain focus and prevent disruptions. This approach ensures a steady flow of content and minimises the risk of an unreliable posting schedule.
- Strategic Social Media Promotion: Leverage social media platforms to promote your blog post series. Tease upcoming posts with excerpts or quotes to generate interest and engagement among your audience.
- Showcase Expertise and Authority: A well-crafted blog post series not only delivers value to your audience but also establishes you as an authority in your field. Use the series to showcase your in-depth knowledge and insights.
- Engage and Involve Your Audience: Encourage discussions around your series on social media platforms. Make your audience feel involved in the journey, fostering a sense of community and connection.
- Enhanced Content Strategy: Improve your overall content strategy by incorporating a well-planned blog post series. This approach not only keeps your audience coming back for more but also strengthens your digital presence in a competitive landscape.
Choose Your Topic
Select a topic that aligns with your passion and resonates with your audience’s interests. Your expertise will shine through, and your readers will appreciate the valuable insights you bring to the table.
Some examples of topics for a blog post series are:
- How to start a podcast
- The ultimate guide to email marketing
- The best vegan recipes for every occasion
- How to travel the world on a budget
- The benefits of meditation and how to practice it
To choose your topic, you can:
- Brainstorm ideas based on your passions, skills, and experiences
- Research what your audience is searching for and asking about
- Look at what your competitors are writing about and how you can do better
- Use tools like Google Trends, Keyword Planner, or AnswerThePublic to find popular and relevant keywords
Map Out Your Series
Write down a list of things you could talk about within that topic. This will help you plan out how to break up your content into a series. How many posts will your series consist of? How will one subtopic lead into and relate to the other? Don’t forget to include links to each related post in the series.
This interconnected structure will guide your readers seamlessly through the series, keeping them hooked from one post to the next.
What’s Your Timeframe?
The next step is to establish a timeframe for your blog post series. This means deciding when you will publish each post and how often you will release new instalments. You also need to communicate this to your readers, so they know what to expect and when to come back for more.
To establish your timeframe, you can:
- Consider your audience’s preferences and expectations
- Balance your posting frequency with your content quality and quantity
- Create a content calendar and stick to it
- Announce your blog post series and your posting schedule to your readers
- Remind your readers of the next post at the end of each instalment
For example, if your blog post series consists of five posts, you could publish one post per week on the same day and time. You could also tell your readers about your series in advance and tease them with the titles and summaries of each post. At the end of each post, you could include a call to action to subscribe to your blog or newsletter, so they don’t miss the next post.
Write Your Posts
It’s time to write your posts. While it might be tempting to write the first instalment and wait to see the reaction, this can risk your posting schedule becoming unreliable. Unexpected interruptions or losing sight of the previous post’s content can hinder your series’ flow. Try to write your series close together and release it according to your chosen schedule. This not only maintains a steady flow for your audience but also ensures that you stay focused on your series theme.
To write your posts, you can:
- Follow the outline and summary that you created for each post
- Use a clear and engaging introduction, body, and conclusion
- Provide valuable and actionable information, tips, examples, and resources
- Use headings, subheadings, bullet points, images, and other visual elements to break up your text and improve readability
- Use keywords, internal links, and external links to optimise your SEO and credibility
- Proofread and edit your posts for grammar, spelling, and clarity
Share Your Blog Series
The final step is to share your blog series. This means promoting your blog post series to your audience and beyond. You want to reach as many people as possible who might be interested in your topic and your content. You also want to encourage engagement and feedback from your readers.
To share your blog series, you can:
- Use social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn to share your posts and teasers
- Use email marketing to send your posts and teasers to your subscribers
- Use guest posting, podcasting, webinars, or other collaborations to reach new audiences and drive traffic to your blog
- Use hashtags, keywords, tags, and categories to make your posts more discoverable
- Use comments, questions, polls, surveys, or contests to interact with your readers and get their opinions
In conclusion, a well-crafted blog post series not only showcases your expertise but also keeps your audience coming back for more. By carefully choosing your topic, planning your series, adhering to a schedule, writing consistently, and promoting on social media, you can create a blog post series that captivates your audience and establishes you as an authority in your field. Happy writing!
The Benchmark Bulletin newsletter series
In addition to blog posts on our website like this, we will be sending out a weekly newsletter called the Benchmark Bulletin. It will be the very latest and best information that we have to share with you. This includes tips, advice, answering questions, sharing ideas and useful information for your business. To join the list, please use the form below: